Tuesday, August 12

One Step Forward!

I have been working on Taisei’s reflex integration method since the Masgutova camp in January (which you helped us attend through the fundraiser).  Every day for 2 hours, I would do all the reflex integration and stretching exercises that I learned at the camp.  Honestly, this hasn’t been easy!  There were days when Taisei was too tired after school and he was less than cooperative.  Not to mention my 3 year old daughter constantly crying for my attention while I worked on Taisei.  But I have been diligent because I am DETERMINED to do whatever I can to help my son!

As a result, we have seen some visible improvements!  When Taisei is on his walker, Taisei’s legs used to cross frequently which prevented him from taking steps smoothly.  We determined that this was caused by his inner thigh muscles being too tight.  With Masgutova exercises, we have seen HUGE improvements in his walking. 

While we still have long ways to go, we believe every little improvement counts and it provides us with the motivation to keep marching on.  Never give-up!


Thanks for all your support and thinking about Taisei!




No comments:

Post a Comment